Greep naar de Hoorn 2023
This year, VI Technologies was once again at the Greep naar de Hoorn business competition.
In this 26th edition, the main focus was again on team building and having fun for local charities.
At 12 different locations in Weert, volunteers were there to guide the games, such as 'Schuif je rot', 'Vliegend tapijt' and 'Blij dat ik rij, in an orderly fashion.
A total of 33 teams participated in the 2023 Greep naar de Hoorn.
Even though we were a small team this year, it couldn't spoil the fun. The weather was beautiful (30 degrees 🌞) .... maybe even a little too beautiful 🥵 but fortunately the organisation had 3 games starring water, so our strenuous sweat could be washed off.
Despite our tireless efforts, we did not finish in 1st place, but we did have a great time and, more importantly, we raised € 35,000 with all the teams for various charities in Weert and the surrounding area:
- Friends of Ververshof Foundation (elderly and care home) - duo bike € 7,000
- Toon Hermans Huis Foundation (walk-in home for everyone facing cancer) - heat pump € 14,500
- Playground Zeevershof Hunsel - refurbishment of building € 7,000
- IVN Weert Barn Owl working group - 30 nest boxes € 2,500
- Leergeld Foudation (helping children from families with money problems) - tablets € 4,000
Of course, we hope everyone had as much fun as we did and that we will be able to support a more good causes again next year.
Click here for an impression of the day.